Postcode Search (Stockist) for WordPress
PLEASE NOTE: currently the plugin is under heavy development with new features coming soon! Additionally, hotshotcreative and myself are busy preparing a new plugin website, where you'll be able to browse, buy and download various WordPress plugins as well as find support and how to's. The downside of this is that until the plugin and the plugin website are ready we've decided to suspend plugin distribution. We're really sorry about that, but the reason for our decision is to provide as good service as possible. Please, get in touch, if you'd like to be informed when the plugin is released! (your email address will NOT be saved in any newsletter database, just used to inform you about plugin release date.)
A simple plugin for WordPress integrating the great Google API for locations and maps. It has a very simple yet powerful admin and is super easy to add to your WordPress website. All you need is to add the shortcode [add_postcode_search] to a page or post you want it to show on and you're done! You might also like to add some styling of your own to suit your site's looks, there should be hooks to easily access any element with CSS.
Please notice that the current version is meant for UK only (though it will work with other countries' postcodes, it's Google we're talking about here :) ).
Additionally, the plugin only allows for one stockist per postcode, which means you can't have more than one stockist with the same postcode.
By default the plugin sorts the results by stockist name in the admin panel and by nearest location on the front page.
What's coming next?
- Show map.
- CSV import/export.
Improved security and WP integration- fixed in 2.5.1 More detailed address options and phone numbers- added in 1.6.1 Settings area- added in 1.5.0 Input validation- added in 1.4.0 Allow for storing more stockists per postcode- fixed in 1.3.1 Ask to confirm on delete- fixed in 1.3.1
How to install
Once you get the plugin (please, contact me if you're interested), unzip the archive to your prefered location and upload the pr_postcode_search folder through the FTP to yoursite/wp-content/plugins/, then activate the plugin through the WP admin panel and you're ready to go!
- 2012-12-19 - 2.6.0 - update for WordPress 3.5 compatibility.
- 2012-10-16 - 2.5.1 - big security update; removed the migration tool from the 1.x line, that was present in version 2.2.2.
- 2012-10-05 - 2.2.2 - lots of changes, bug fixes and unpublished versions since last release. Complete re-write of the plugin and its database back-end. If you had previously installed the plugin there'll be a tool on the Stockist page to help you migrate your data from the old location. Once you import your data to the new database, you can delete it from the old location. Among other features, this version also adds support for unit settings (miles and kilometers), radius to search within, lets you display all stockists if there are none within the specified radius.
- 2012-10-02 - 1.6.1 - added more options for stockists: address and phone fields.
- 2012-09-24 - 1.5.0 - added front and back end input validation using jQuery Validation Plugin; added settings area.
- 2012-09-20 - 1.3.1 - multiple bugs fixed, you can now store as many entries per postcode as you need.
- 2012-09-17 - First release